I am proud to announce that our third school year in a row started last October in our beautiful little school in Haiti, and that 3 women and 6 child-prisoners in Mongolia now have access to weekly lessons in their newly renovated classroom!
Thanks to your donations and the involvement of our dedicated volunteers, we have raised over $20,000 this year! We used 100% of the funds received to:
- Install a water tower and connect it to the school well
- Build a sanitary block with 5 toilets, 2 for the girls, 2 for the boys and one for the teachers
- Build an additional permanent classroom
- Collapse one of the perimeter walls and build a solid new wall
- Install electrical wiring in the administration building
- Refurbish the administration building to hold classrooms so that no class is given in tents anymore
- Install swings for the children
- Furnish and repair of school furniture
- Paint the water tower and the exterior wall of the school
- In Mongolia: Renovated an unused prison office into a classroom and library for child-prisoners.
In Haiti, we now hire 6 teachers, one day-care lady, one secretary and a groundskeeper, all full-time.
We also allowed 9 volunteers, mostly from the eastern townships, to take part in international cooperation projects, 7 in Haiti and 2 in Mongolia.
Thank you for your continued support and all our best wishes for the new year!